This is what happens when you mix uses and have education / schools in the central business district and retail areas of your city.
- The kids see the community and economy at work - not like being stuck in a yellow field in Canning Vale.
- The community and economy gets more people within their realm - that's good.
- The bonds between the local retail community and the growing population increase.
- The place becomes safer as kids and retailers get to know each other.
- Hey look - they're walking around.
Above: corner of High and Pakenham Streets in Fremantle, Australia.